Where can I find which libraries offer photocopying, computer access, etc?
During the pandemic, many member libraries have altered what they normally offer for on-site photocopying, faxing, printing, computer access, etc. The public is asked to consult the Printing, Fax, Photocopying Services page to learn which libraries offer specific services.
What resources may I use from home?
Your library card provides access to so many free, online resources from the comfort of your home. For a full list, check out the Resources by Area page.
- Read an e-book or listen to an audiobook using OverDrive (Libby), Hoopla or Ebsco E-books.
- Read or view E-magazines from RBdigital
- Stream, or download television shows or movies using Hoopla
- Listen to music online using Hoopla.
- Take an online course using Gale Courses which offers hundreds of classes online from professional instructors.
- Learn or brush up on another language using Transparent Languages Online.
- Research a topic or continue your studies using the library's FREE online databases including those from BadgerLink.
- Explore America's historic newspapers from 1789-1963 using Chronicling America.
- Dig into the past using Ancestry Library Edition. This resource is available remotely through December 31, 2020 for certain municipalities that already subscribe to the Proquest version of this product.
- Connect with award-winning children's books and their authors using TeachingBooks' Book & Reading Engagement Kit: Home Edition - For home schoolers and for everyone, this resource offers 172,000+ videos, audio recordings, ready-to-use activities, and lessons to help connect individuals to a rich assortment of award-winning children's books and authors. No library card required.
If I have a lot of fines, will I still be able to use resources like OverDrive & Hoopla?
Yes. Member libraries have currently relaxed restrictions for patrons to access both OverDrive and Hoopla as long as your total fines are not more than $100.
In addition, member libraries are working to add more OverDrive (Libby) e-books and e-audiobooks to the Wisconsin Digital Library collection.