The Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS) is looking for a skilled, experienced and dedicated individual to serve as its Public Information Coordinator. This newly created role will provide system communications, marketing and awareness activities which promote library use in Milwaukee County. This position reports directly to the MCFLS System Director.
- Maintains and updates MCFLS website and social media presence.
- Coordinates creation and distribution of the system’s quarterly email newsletter.
- Serves as designer, editor and coordinator of MCFLS print and electronic publications.
- Provides consulting on marketing, public relations, social media and advocacy to member libraries.
- Creates and maintains a marketing toolkit for member libraries to use in developing their own marketing plan.
- Writes and edits text for news releases, public service announcements, and other related materials.
- Develops and produces print and electronic promotional materials for member libraries. Production of the materials on a cost recovery basis.
- Works with the Library Systems Administrator for the design and production of CountyCat promotional and training materials.
- Participates in on-going communication for library advocacy between members and various organizations.
- Works with MCFLS Director to update and maintain the system marketing plan and communicate to member libraries annually on marketing efforts.
- Participates in state collaborative activities as appropriate.
- Drafts and monitors budget and plan to support the above activities.
- Maintains knowledge and professional skills in marketing and communications.
- Becomes familiar with the key online resources shared by all member libraries and used by the public.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate degree with 2 or more years’ experience in one or more areas: creating print and electronic publications, social media and web site design.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (or similar design software).
- Knowledge of marketing skills and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Ability to organize and process details accurately.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, respond to varied/changing work demands, and make decisions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a degree in Communication, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field.
- Knowledge of Library Service and/or experience working in a library setting. Creativity in identifying library services needing promotion and in deciding on strategies to use.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar email communication services.
- Experience with data visualization methods and techniques.
How to Apply
To apply for this position send a cover letter (including e-mail address) and resume via email only to the MCFLS Business Manager at HR@mcfls.org. An informational packet will be sent to you via email with an application form and further instructions.
Preference will be given to applications received by Friday, June 25th.
The Milwaukee County Federated Library System reserves the right to determine which candidates will be invited to participate in the selection process.
The position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
MCFLS is an equal opportunity employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce.
|Hours per week||25|
|Reports to||System Director|
|Benefits||Generous, prorated benefit package available|