The North Shore Library has the following openings:
The North Shore Library Board is seeking a tech-savvy, community oriented, innovative, and enthusiastic Library Director to lead our dynamic team. The North Shore Library provides service to 25,000 residents from the Communities of Bayside, Fox Point, Glendale and River Hills and is a member of the Milwaukee County Federated Library System.
The North Shore Library is planning a remodeling project. The successful candidate will provide a vision for the future of library services in this new space and embrace fundraising and working with Community and Library Stakeholders, Architects, Designers and Contractors to complete this project.
We are looking for a leader with an approachable, confident and respectful style. This individual should be a visionary with an awareness of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities.
About the Position
The successful candidate is a manager who excels in seeing the big picture. This individual is aware of the needs of the North Shore Library service population but is also willing to take the next steps to ensure that the library continues to move forward with the latest in library services and resources.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Serve as a visionary and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the North Shore Communities and adapting to the changing role of public libraries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board, and community
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology, and programming
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relations with the community
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- Eligible for Grade 1 Certification with Master of Library and Information Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Demonstrated library managerial and leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- Ability to engage in Community Outreach and partnerships.
- Proven capacity to work with various stakeholders (Library Board, Friends of the Library, Foundation, Elected Community Leaders, Community Administrators, Schools, Businesses, staff, patrons).
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment of continual improvement.
See full job description at: Library Director
This is a full time exempt position. Salary range of $72,000 - $80,000 per year depending on experience.
To apply for this position: Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and proof of eligibility for Grade 1 Certification by July 15th to: NSL.Board@mcfls.org
If you are interested in working for the library and there are no current openings or
our current positions do not work for you, please submit an Employment Application. We keep applications for six months.
We may have future openings that would work for you.