The North Shore Library has the following openings:
The North Shore Library Board is seeking a tech-savvy, community oriented, innovative, and enthusiastic Library Director to lead our dynamic team. The Library services approximately 25,000 residents from the Communities of Bayside, Fox Point, Glendale and River Hills and is a member of the Milwaukee County Federated Library System.
The successful candidate will provide a vision for the future of library services and embrace collaboration with Community and Library Stakeholders.
We are looking for a leader with an approachable, honest, confident and respectful style. This individual should be a visionary with an awareness of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities.
About the Opportunity
This opportunity requires a Library Director who excels in seeing the big picture and managing change. The four Communities are currently renegotiating the Joint Library Agreement. This individual must have strong organizational and communication skills that will build consensus among multiple communities that each have a different status on the future of the North Shore Library. A successful candidate must be eager and excited to successfully transition the Library into its next stages.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Serve as a visionary and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the North Shore Communities and adapting to the changing role of public libraries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board, and community
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology, and programming
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relations with the community
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- Eligible for Grade 1 Certification with Master of Library and Information Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Demonstrated library managerial and leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- Ability to engage in Community Outreach and partnerships.
- Proven capacity to work with various stakeholders (Library Board, Friends of the Library, Foundation, Elected Community Leaders, Community Administrators, Schools, Businesses, staff, patrons).
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment of continual improvement.
See full job description at: Library Director
Salary and Schedule
This is a full time exempt position. Salary range of $72,000 - $84,000 per year depending on experience.
To apply for this position: Initial Review of applicants will begin February 5, 2021. Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and proof of eligibility for Grade 1 Certification to: NSL.Board@mcfls.org
If you are interested in working for the library and there are no current openings or
our current positions do not work for you, please submit an Employment Application. We keep applications for six months.
We may have future openings that would work for you.