The CountyCat Mobile app has been updated. Patrons new to the app, can use the App store icons at the right to download it!
For iOS users who currently have the app, the new version is available as an update.
For Android users with our app: you must first UNINSTALL the current app. Then go to Google Play, search for CountyCat Mobile and download the new app. This will give you the latest version.
Please read through these FAQs to get answers to your questions about the app.
Our libraries made the choice to move to a new app to provide you with a few more features than the existing app offered. This includes
- being able to limit search results to one location
- being able to see the Hold Pickup By date for your holds,
- being able to place more types of library holds and to cancel holds at any point in the holds process,
- being able to view your reading history,
- being able to link another person’s library account to your own,
- being able to change the language of the app.
A few features are still not ready in this version of the app, but we are working to add them! The Public Libraries of Milwaukee County hope to expand the app to include OverDrive integration and to eventually add a My List feature.
You may still use the app to manage holds, renew materials, find library hours as well as connect to the social media accounts of any member library. Let us know what you think.