As of February 2021, MCFLS’s 3,200 RBdigital e-magazines have moved to our OverDrive/Libby collection. The RBdigital app will no longer be available after March 31, 2021 so read on to learn more. The same magazine titles will be available as before, they will just now be accessible in both the Libby app or on Wisconsin’s Digital Library.
What Do I Need to Know?
- All e-magazine titles will be available in CountyCat as before.
- There is no wait time for accessing e-magazines.
- You still have access to 3,000+ titles with a three-year backlist of an issue. What is different is that the backlist will be a continuous three years, so as the months move forward, the oldest issues drop off.
- MCFLS has no user limit on the checkout of specific titles such as The Economist.
- The auto-checkout feature in RBdigital is not yet available in the Libby app.
- The RBdigital app will become unavailable to patrons for e-magazine content by March 31, 2021.
- MCFLS is working to set up access for OverDrive e-magazines within the CountyCat Mobile app. It is likely that any older e-magazine issues previously checked out will no longer display under the app’s MY CHECKOUT area after RBdigital is discontinued.
I Am Already a Libby User
If you already have the Libby app and use it, there is no change. The magazine titles will simply be added there. See this help sheet – E-Magazines in the Libby App.
I Prefer to Use Wisconsin’s Digital Library
Using a web browser, you can locate e-magazines by performing a title search or going under Collections to browse through all of the magazines. See this help sheet – E-Magazines on OverDrive via Wisconsin’s Digital Library.
I Am New to Digital
In just a few taps, you can start reading the e-magazine collection. See the right to download the Libby app.
What About Magazines I’ve Already Checked Out?
You will be able to access magazines you previously borrowed from RBdigital through ZINIO. You will either need to download the free ZINIO app or go to zinio.com.
- From the ZINIO app or its website, register a new ZINIO account using the same email address you used to access RBdigital magazines before.
- Once registered, your previously borrowed ZINIO magazine loans will be available in your account.